Skip to main content

Welcome!


Welcome to The Stoplight, the unofficial blog of the history of Stop & Shop! The Quincy, MA-based chain has had hundreds of locations over the years since its founding in 1914 -- and it's my goal to document every single one here. Browse location listings and coverage by state:
I can't cite every source I have for all the locations, but I want to recognize the main sources I used. First off is the wonderful Groceteria, from which I got a lot of the locations in Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts. And my New Jersey stores come from JoshAustin610, a great listing of many supermarkets and department stores. Newspapers.com also is a great resource. Of course, the last source is crowdsourcing -- comments on this blog, word of mouth, and everything else!


Enjoy!
- Zachary




This blog is not affiliated with The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company, Ahold Delhaize USA, or any supermarket chain.

Comments